Get your hot rod shirts and hoodies at icravecars.com. This hot rod t shirt features the iconic 1932 roaster high boy. This is the quintessential high boy roadster with no fenders, the body sitting on top of its frame, and lots of tire.
Our hot rod apparel is designed and printed in house by car geeks. This shirt is as American made as the Model A. We have free shipping on all t shirts, mugs and coasters.
The History Behind the 1932 Roadster Hot Rod Shirt
Ford introduced the Model A in 1927. Within five years, Ford released a brand new car for 1932 with a longer wheelbase, double-dropped chassis, and, best of all, a flathead V8 engine. It was that last change, the V8, that would help the 1932 Ford become an icon within the hot rodding world. This was the first time that the V8 engine would be available to the masses. Of the 275,000 Fords sold in 1932, a staggering 185,000 were V8s (it was only $10 more than the 4-cylinder).
After WW2 and well into the 1950s, the V8 Fords were given a second life. Known for their cheap cost, good looks, light weight engineering and adaptable performance, the cars started to get modified and built into what we now call a hot rods. The performance parts industry would be built around the Ford V8. Companies like Edelbrock, Winfield, and Stromberg built thousands of parts to make cars go faster on the the street and dried lake beds of California.
Our Hot Rod Shirts & Apparel
I Crave Cars has one of the largest selections of Hot Rod shirts, Muscle Cars shirts, racing t shirts and car apparel available online. We specialize in gifts for men and unique car shirts. All of illustrations are done in-house and are exclusive to I Crave Cars. We have built a reputation on having the authentic, one of a kind clothes that gets almost as much attention as the cars we illustrate.
Our Hot Rod T Shirts Qualify for Free Shipping
- FREE SHIPPING
- Colors: White, Heather Slate
- Our white t shirts are 100% soft cotton, premium fit
- Our heather t shirts are 52% soft cotton, 48% polyester, premium fit
- Designed and printed in the USA
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low inside-out
- Looking for man cave gifts or funny coffee mugs? Our car shirts are also available as mugs, posters, and more
- Click here to see our other hot rod t shirts
- All photos shown are for illustrative purposes only. The actual art placement and scale will vary slightly based on the garment's size.
- This car shirt is an I Crave Cars exclusive. All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. All original artwork is copyright of I Crave Cars.
Please consult our size chart to ensure the best fit.